What's it all about?
We are essentually a social networking site - but with a difference in that we allow users to promote their other sites they might have. ie. Get lots more hits to your profile!
Do I need a site/page already to use shareyourpage.com?
No not at all - you can always share your shareyourpage.com page ;). In fact Shareyourpage.com works just like many other popular social networking sites. You can add friends, videos and have message boards.
How do I get listed on the front page?
We have a ranking system which determines who gets listed where. Generally speaking new users and recently signed in users should get a front page listing - so relogging into your account regularly will help improve your presence and get more hits.
How can I improve my ranking?
While we are not going to go indepth into our complicated system ;) we can provide some tips to help you stay in the top 10 for as long as possible. These include;
- Logging in is the simple and one of the most effective ways to get a higher position.
- Provide a valid URL - Within the personal URL part of your profile you must provide a working URL or none at all otherwise you may not rank as high as you should. If the network is listed as "unknown" this may damage your ranking also. If you think it shouldn't be marked as unknown ie. you are using a popular social network please contact us and we will consider added it to our trusted networks list.
- Have Friends - Having more friends listed with us should help your rankings with shareyourpage. So add more friends!
- Get clicks - We realise this is a bit of a catch-22, as how can you get more clicks if you don't rank in the first place? That said we can work out how many clicks you could be getting against your ranking and weigh it out. Don't worry to much about this as we do this to deter spammers from listing their great loans or college degree sites which we all know you hate. It's worth mentioning that clicking on your own page will not help, even if you log out. Like we said, if you have a normal profile you will be fine here :)
- Don't be naughty - Spamming our members, or us for that matter will not do you any favours and you simply will not rank we we find you. So stop it now!
I have a commercial site - can I list it here?We don't refuse anyone entry to shareyourpage initially, having said that we favour social network sites. ie. pages about you not your friends web design business site. We are a community of users we encourage sharing of profile pages such as MySpace, Bebo or Hi5. If a users has his own domain ie. mygreatnewsite.com - we tend not to rank these types of URL as highly as bebo.com/mememe
Can I add HTML to my page?
Yes we encourage our users to be as creative as possible. HTML allows more flexibility